- Ages 11 & Under must be accompanied by an adult into the YMCA for check-in and while they are in the facility.
- Ages 12+ may use specific YMCA facilities including basketball court, Cardio Room, and Lower Fitness Area. Ages 12-13 are required to complete Youth Passport before using equipment without supervision.
- Ages 10 & 11 are REQUIRED TO COMPLETE the Youth Passport to be in and use Cardio and Weight Room Spaces and must be DIRECTLY supervised by 18+ parent or guardian at all times. Please report to the Welcome Center for your Passport Stamp when using the facility.
- Ages 18+ may be considered the supervising guardian for siblings ages 11 and younger when using YMCA facilities, provided responsible and appropriate behavior is exercised at all times.
- New Memberships, Guests, and Community Members under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian or an adult 18+ sign waivers upon initial visit to the Y.
- Ages 16+ may participate in all Group Exercise classes without a parent or supervising guardian.
- Ages 13-15 may participate in Group Exercise classes with a parent or supervising guardian with written approval from the Senior Fitness Director.
- Any child under 14 must take a swim test before entering pools or participating in programs.
- Any child under the age of 12 must remain within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian unless they have completed the Youth Passport (Water) or participating in a program such as swim lessons or swim team.
- During all family/open swims, all children under the age of 14 will be issued and must wear a band signaling their swim ability (Red, Purple, Green). Red bands must wear a life vest regardless of their age.
- Youth passport (Aquatics) Ages 9–13 who complete the requirements of the swim test, may use the swimming pools during lap swims if their parent/guardian remains in the pool area.
- Children under the age of 18 are NOT PERMITTED in the men's and women's locker rooms and are not able to use the Sauna and Steam Room.
- The Girls and Boys Locker Rooms are available for children 17 and under as well as for parent/child pairings of the same sex or opposite sex ages 7 & Under. Example: A mother with a boy who is 3 years old may use the girls locker room.
- For parent/child pairings of the opposite sex of all ages, you may use the Sally Schenkman Family Locker Room.
- Ages 7-12 with a Family Membership may use Kids Corner. All other membership types are $5 per visit. An 18 + Parent or Guardian must sign in and out of the area and remain on premises.
- Ages 3 months to 8, with a Family Membership may use the Babysitting Room. All other membership types are $5 per visit. An 18 + Parent or Guardian must sign in and out of the area and remain on premise.
- Ages 3-8 participating in any Youth Classes (land) an 18 + Parent or Guardian must sign in and out of the area and remain on premise.
- Ages 9-13 participating in any Youth Classes (land) can sign themselves in out of classes. Parent must remain in the building.
- All Program Directors will provide any additional requirements of procedures to program participants.