FULL LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION
This is an American Red Cross Full-Certification for Lifeguarding which will allow participants to work at indoor and outdoor pools. This is not a waterfront class. Minimum age requirement-15
LIFEGUARDING COURSE CONTACT: Kate Miner, Aquatics Director, Ext. 5056 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will learn the skills of Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED over the course of 2-in-person days and virtual session (blended learning) and is comprised of several steps:
- Swim evaluation which includes a 300-meter swim (12 pool lengths)
- Tread water for 2-minutes without using your hands
- Retrieve a brick from the bottom of our pool
Blended Learning Online Training – you will be sent a link for an online training must be completed prior class and within 90 days of the course.
2-day (minimum) in-person class to review and assess skills and rescues, followed by written exam.
IMMEDIATE LIFEGUARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE UPON COMPLETION OF CERTIFICATION.
After registering please do the following:
- Email the instructor at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Full name of person TAKING the course, email, phone number and requested pre-test date.
- Schedule and complete a pre-test prior to attending the course.
Pre-test appointments: You must email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for your pre-test
Complete your online blended learning prior to attending the in person portion.
FULL LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION FEES
|WMA YMCA Members||Community Members|