Memberships are neither refundable nor transferable. Credits may be issued upon receipt of a doctor's note. Monthly dues are automatically withdrawn on the 1st or the 15th of each month by automatic draft. Members understand that termination requests require a 15-day EMAIL NOTICE to firstname.lastname@example.org before their next draft date. Any cancellation requests submitted less than 15-days prior to the upcoming bill are not subject to cancel until the following month. Any requests sent on the weekend will not be reviewed until Monday. Annual memberships are paid upfront. Annual memberships cannot be placed on hold unless it is a medical reason with a doctor's note. Monthly memberships can be placed on hold. Memberships will not be given extensions for facility closures.
Each time you come to the Y, for security reasons you will need to bring your membership card (key tag or phone app) to scan when entering the building.
All Children 11 & Under must be accompained by an adult in the facility.
All 17 & Under must have an 18+ parent/guardian present to sign waivers to get a membership or community membership (Day passes, programs etc).
Upon terminating your account, you will be charged a rejoining fee of $50 to reactivate if under 6 months.
Swim Team/Pre-Team participants are waived from this policy.
The Welcome Center will provide all new members with a key tag as well as a text message or email with your barcode link for entrance into the building. Lost/Replacement Card Fee=$10.
- Monthly -15 days written notice from scheduled auto-draft (1st or 15th of the month)
- Max hold is 3 months within a 12-month period
- A hold fee of $10 per month – the hold fee will be waived for medical reasons with a doctor’s note
- After the hold period, monthly dues will automatically resume auto drafting on the original draft date
- Annual memberships will only be put on hold for medical reasons with a doctor’s note
RAPTOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Upon entering the YMCA, all visitors will be asked to present an ID such as a Driver’s License, which can either be scanned or manually entered into the system. The Raptor system checks the visitor’s name and date of birth for comparison with the National Database of registered sex offenders. The registered sex offender database is the only official database checked by the Raptor System. No other data from the ID is gathered or recorded and the information is not shared with any outside agency.
The following people (Adults 18+) will need to report to the Welcome Center upon your first visit after November 1 to the YMCA:
- All Visitors
- All Contractors/Vendors
- All Non-Member Program Observers (Swim Lessons, Swim Team, Youth Programs, etc.)
- All Non-Member Adults attending Special Events
- All Non-Member Adult Aides or Chaperones
COMPLIMENTARY GUEST PASS
Members are welcome to bring guests to the Y. Guests will be registered into our system and must complete a waiver form. Guests ages 17 and under must have an 18+ parent/guardian present to complete a waiver form during the first visit. All members will receive (2) complimentary guest passes per calendar year.
Qualifying members must request guest passes in advance through their online account or the YMCA Universal app. Same day requests will not be fulfilled.
Guests ages 11 and under must ALWAYS be accompanied by an adult in the facility. Guests will be registered into our system and must complete a waiver form. Guests ages 17 and under must have an 18+ parent/guardian present to complete a waiver form during the first visit.
Day passes can only be purchased at the Welcome Center and cannot be pre-purchased online. The fee for a day pass is $10 per visit.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The West Morris Area YMCA is a nonprofit organization that embraces the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. By joining the YMCA, you as a member are agreeing to these values. If at any time your behavior does not support these values, the YMCA has the right to revoke your membership status.
Members are expected to comply with all YMCA policies as stated on our website.
The YMCA promotes a safe, welcoming environment for all members and guests, therefore you shall:
- Always act appropriately in a mature and responsible manner
- Respect the rights and dignity of others
- Refrain from language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct
- Be responsible for your personal comfort and safety and ask any person whose behavior threatens your comfort to refrain. If you feel uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, report the behavior to a staff person – director or supervisor on duty.
Prohibited actions specifically include:
- Indecent or unsafe attire
- Smoking and the use of e-cigarettes/vapes, the YMCA is a smoke-free environment. This includes our outdoor property.
- Having any glass containers in the building, the YMCA is a glass-free facility
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, name-calling or shouting
- Physical contact with another person—including pushing, shoving, or roughhousing of any kind—that may pose a danger or threat of harm
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior
- Theft or behavior that results in destruction of property
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that can be used as weapons
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property or YMCA-sponsored programs
- Using video/photography devices throughout the locker rooms or Aquatics area.
Members and guests shall identify themselves when asked.
CLASSES/PROGRAMS MAKE-UP & REFUND POLICY
No make-ups, credits, or refunds will be given to individuals missing classes or programs.
No credits or refunds will be issued to accounts for weather closing or other facility closings.
SWIM LESSON MAKE UP POLICY: The cancelled lesson will be available as a make-up lesson. Make-up Lessons are limited to 1 per month. You must be currently enrolled in the lesson program to use makeups. You must contact our Swim Lesson Coordinator Samantha at email@example.com to schedule. No drop-ins are allowed. Missed makeups will result in forfeiture of that class. Any current credits issued to your account will expire 1 year after the issued date.
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any class or program if attendance or registration does not meet the class quota. The full program fee will be returned to those who have paid. A refund will not be given unless the class is canceled by the YMCA.
The Nationwide Membership is available for active, full-facility, full-privilege Y members whose home Y (West Morris Area YMCA) participates in Nationwide Membership. Nationwide members can visit any participating YMCA in the United States and Puerto Rico. To participate, members simply need to maintain an active membership at the West Morris Area YMCA; no additional fee is charged to participate. An additional waiver is required upon registration to participate in Nationwide. Members must visit your home Y at least 50 percent of the time each month.
A reciprocity guest is allowed to be a FREE guest at the West Morris Area YMCA (5) times a month. They must be an active member at their home YMCA. On their 6th visit, you will need to purchase day passes to access the facility.
**Please note: United Healthcare AARP Renew Active Members not eligible for Nationwide**
In the event of inclement weather, the YMCA will make every effort to continue services at our facility. However, in certain conditions when safety becomes a concern, facility closure and program cancellations may be necessary. Information regarding building closures will be publicized through our website, social media (Facebook & Instagram), & email.
The West Morris Area YMCA, in keeping with its mission to help all people realize their fullest potential, encourages and supports the participation of all in YMCA programs. We serve all children, families and adults, regardless of gender, race, color, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability or language. Racism strikes against the very core of the YMCA's mission that everyone is entitled to build a healthy Spirit, Mind & Body. The West Morris Area YMCA stands with all our neighbors as ONE to seek justice, unity, peace, and the eradication of systematic racism. Let us not remain silent in words or actions as we work to create a move equitable community where we all learn, grow & thrive.
Transgender/Gender Equity Non-Discrimination Policy
The West Morris Area YMCA is dedicated to the welfare of all participants and does not discriminate on the basis of gender identity. To fulfill our mission of strengthening community for all, the Y is committed to being an inclusive, anti-racist organization and to leveraging our collective impact to address social inequities.
Use of Restrooms and Locker Rooms: Individuals are permitted to use restrooms and locker rooms corresponding to their identified gender or expression.
The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD) prohibits discrimination based on gender identity or expression. This means that it is against the law to be harassed or denied rights and privileges extended to others because of gender identity or expression of transgender status. These protections apply to a broad range of people, including but not limited to people who express or present to the public a gender that does not match their birth certificate, people who change some or all of their sex characteristics through hormone and/or surgery, and people who are transitioning.
Harassment/Full and Equal Access
Harassment and making statements or taking action that show that a person is unwelcome because of gender identity/expression, or making it more difficult for a person to use a public accommodation can also violate the LAD. Individuals who exhibit this type of behavior can result in termination of membership privileges without refund.
The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you have lost an item, the Welcome Center staff can direct you to the lost and found. Unclaimed items may be disposed of or donated to charity at the end of each week.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE The YMCA offers financial assistance for membership and programs. If you apply for financial assistance and receive reduced funds, you are only eligible once per year and must reapply each year.
CELL PHONE POLICY Use of cameras and cell phones is not allowed on YMCA property including the locker rooms or bathroom areas.
Respect Fellow Members: Locker Rooms are NO PHONE ZONES. Cell phones are prohibited in all locker rooms. Cell phones are prohibited while using the Main Pool, Warm Water Pool, Steam Room & Sauna. Video & photography are prohibited in the entire aquatic center, bleachers, and pool decks at all times.
PLEASE NOTE: Children under the age of 18 are NOT PERMITTED in the men's and women's locker rooms. The Girls and Boys Locker Rooms are available children 17 and under as well as for parent/child pairings of the same sex. For parent/child pairings of the opposite sex, you may use the Sally Schenkman Family Locker Room.
- Those taking medications for high blood pressure, heart patients, & pregnant women are considered high risk and should not use the sauna.
- Limit your time to a maximum of 10 minutes. Do not use alone. Another person must be physically present in the immediate area.
- Please remain upright. If you are lying down, staff cannot determine if you are conscious.
- Food, drinks or gum is NOT allowed-it is strictly prohibited. Clear water only.
- We are a glass-free facility.
- Shaving is not allowed.
- Reading materials are not permitted.
- Do not hang your towel or clothes to dry-it is an extreme fire hazard.
- No street shoes-they track dirt in from outside.
- Use of body lotions, oils, menthol, or suntan lotion is prohibited.
- Exercise is unsafe and not permitted.
- Sit on a towel if you are using the sauna nude.
- Do not use the sauna while under the influence of anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasodilators, vasoconstrictors, stimulants, alcohol, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers.
- The use of cell phones are strictly prohibited & enforced.
DROP-IN BABYSITTING/KIDS CORNER Quality drop-in child care at no cost to our Family Memberships. Please note that this service is only for parents who are using the facility. Parents must remain on-site at all times.
(Ages 3 months-6 years old)
KIDS CORNER Video games, air hockey, dart board, game table and so much more! No additional cost to our Family Memberships. Please note that this service is only for parents who are using the facility. Parents must remain on-site at all times.
(Ages 7-12 years old)
Personal training, coaching or any type of instruction at the West Morris Area YMCA is provided by YMCA employees only. This includes and is not limited to fitness training, swim coaching and sports coaching. Persons not employed by the Y are prohibited from providing instruction of any kind at the YMCA for members or participants.
An individual may be seen as providing instruction if they are:
- Receiving payment for an exercise or coaching session
- Designing a program or workout
- Providing exercise, sports, or swim technique
Failure to comply with the Training/Instruction Policy may result in suspension or termination of YMCA membership/guest privileges.
WE ARE A GLASS-FREE FACILITY.